Member: American Copy Editors Society
I have more than 15 years experience editing copy across a range of industries and materials with strong experience in healthcare and wellness.
- Prose/Poetry Journals
- Medical Journals
- Newspapers (Boston-based)
- Marketing materials: emails, press kits, press releases, print advertising, Annual Reports
- White papers
- Website content
- Books and Manuscripts for MindBodyMed Press
A professional copy editor uses the appropriate style guide, Merriam-Webster dictionary, and any corporate style guides the client has established. My copy editing experiences spans The Chicago Manual of Style, AP Style, and APA Style as well as the ability to adhere to in-house style guides.
Using the Microsoft Word Track Changes feature or Adobe Acrobat, I provide:
- Copy editing for grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation
- Stylistic editing (clarifying meaning, eliminating jargon, polishing language; line-by-line editing for smoothness and clarity while maintaining author’s voice and style)
- Developmental editing: critique
- Second round of line editing
- A final run through PerfectIt software to proofread for any minor inconsistencies
I also provide a customized style-guide for your project when applicable, which is included in the contract fee.
One hour equates to 4 pages/1000 words (250 words per page). Each project requires signing a contract to ensure professional obligations are met on both sides.